Do Not Fear
Maybe you've seen our signs around town, "Fear Not!" We are reminded of the "social distancing" occurring when Jesus was arrested in the Garden of Gethsemane. The disciples all fled in fear. The next day, at noon, a deep darkness descended over the land as Jesus hung on the cross. Darkness prevailed for three hours as the Son of God slowly died. Then, on the 1st Day of the Week, up from the grave – Christ arose! At One Christ / Won City, we don't believe it was an accident that this coronavirus has descended upon us as we draw near the celebration of Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Resurrection morning! We want to remind the people of God of the promises He has made: "If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray…then will I hear from heaven – and heal their land." We are asking all of His people to pray – to pray toward – to pray leaning into – to pray expectantly with regard to Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020 embracing with great confidence all the hope Easter morning universally affords to His Church! Specifically, we are asking you to beseech our risen and reigning King for:
- Parents, children, and teachers working out the education of all our children.
- Those suffering with the virus in their homes or in medical facilities.
- Health workers tending those we love.
- Our Lord's peace for our must vulnerable.
- Those who have lost their jobs or those whose livelihood is threatened.
- Wisdom to prevail in the minds and hearts of our national, state, and local leaders.
- The Church of Jesus Christ that she might lift her earnest voice to her Lord in passionate worship and intercession for our nation.
- Christ to hear from heaven – and heal our land – even as His bride looks to Him in faith!
- Christ to accomplish for His own glory, a world-wide harvest of people as His Church proclaims His gospel – unafraid!
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." ~ Jesus to His people, John 14:27.